CHS Helpline callers
- Our callers generally live in Belgium and are able to speak English.
- Our callers are all ages.
- Our callers call for a large variety of reasons, mainly for some kind of emotional support.
- Our callers choose exactly how much or how little information to disclose about themselves.
- Our callers have reported feeling safe when talking to us and appreciate the importance of a listening ear.
CHS Helpline volunteers
- All volunteers are selected and trained by the CHS clinical team.
- Volunteers are monitored and supported by the CHS clinical team during their time as a volunteer.
- Volunteers do not disclose any personal information as all calls are anonymous and confidential.
- Volunteering for the CHS Helpline is a very rewarding experience.
CHS telephone Helpline: 02 648 40 14
"I’ve been a volunteer on the Helpline for over 5 years. For many callers it’s difficult to talk initially and there are gaps for tears, but gradually a story comes together. Sometimes when they end the call, they are calm and express gratitude. Basically, I have done nothing but listen. I haven’t solved world poverty but someone in Belgium is feeling better and that’s why I volunteer."Helpline Volunteer