The office staff provide administrative support to the Clinical Team, to the Helpline and to the CHS Board of Directors. They handle all the initial telephone calls, set up appointments, help with fundraising, run the office systems. The small team works with the administrator to ensure that the busy office runs smoothly.
A commitment of 2 days a week is ideal. A knowledge of office systems as well as a friendly, sympathetic work manner are prerequisites. Confidentiality is of course a priority, as is proficiency in spoken English.
We are currently lookinf for one person to join the office team. Time commitment - at least one day per week, 10:00 – 16:00 (can be worked as 2 half days). The main qualities required for this job are:
- An empathetic and calm approach to all the people who contact and use the Mental Health Services Centre.
- An ability to handle what can sometimes be stressful situations and to both give and take down information in a clear and easily understood way, particularly on the telephone.
- Good administrative skills including computer literacy. S/he should either be a native English-speaker or be fluent in the language, and be able to write it clearly.
- An understanding that CHS is a confidential service so that total discretion is necessary.
- A willingness to work together with others to ensure CHS remains a well-run and purposeful organization with a good working environment. The rewards of making this valuable contribution to the community are immense.
- Fundraising and/or marketing experience are an advantage.
If you have any questions about the job, please contact Sue, as above.