1. Mental Health Professionals
The CHS Mental Health Centre is comprised of two clinical teams: the Adult team, and the Children, Adolescents and Family team. The clinical teams provide a comprehensive mental health service to all ages, individually, in couples, and in family groups.
There are regular opportunities to join our clinical teams. Members are self-employed and must be proficient in written and spoken English, as this is the working language of the Centre. Qualifications gained abroad must be recognised by the relevant authorities in Belgium. Professional insurance must be in place.
CHS is an organisation with community at the heart of its ethos. All clinical team members are expected to contribute actively to the running of the organisation, as well as to undertake a percentage of pro bono work as part of their caseload.
VacanciesWe are currently looking for :
Please apply only if you meet our selection criteria below. Kindly note that only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a widely recognised and well respected mental health service in Brussels.
- Being part of a democratic, non-hierarchical organisation which is run jointly by members of the Adult Team, the Children, Adolescents and Family Team, and the Administration Team.
- Integration in a supportive and dynamic team, with members from a number of disciplines and a rich mix of theoretical approaches.
- Weekly team meetings where peer supervision is offered.
- The opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients (different ages and cultural backgrounds, interesting variety of presenting difficulties, wide severity/complexity range).
Psychiatrist in the Adult Team
Candidates will be trained in adult psychiatry, fully accredited and registered in Belgium and must be comfortable working in English. Candidates will have a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying clinical experience with the capability of working independently and within a rigorous ethical framework.
CHS is a group made up of practitioners from multiple theoretical approaches. Candidates will be expected to have experience of multi- theoretical team working and a good understanding of evidence based practice.
2. Other Professionals
CHS would like to expand the range of services on offer to the international community from our attractive premises. We are interested in self-employed professionals specialising in, for example, speech and language therapy, graphomotor (handwriting) therapy, occupational therapy, remedial teaching and learning support who would be interested to work with CHS for at least half a day each week.